The Chair of Software Engineering of Business Information Systems (sebis) at the Technical University of Munich is looking for excellent candidates for a PhD position (100% TVL-E 13) in the area of Blockchain-based Systems Engineering.
- Research and development projects in the area of Blockchain-based Systems Engineering
- Contribution to teaching on bachelor’s and master’s level
- Supervision of bachelor’s and master’s theses
- Ability to shape research directions in a relatively young field
- Involvement in practice-oriented research projects with renowned partners from universities, public administration, automotive, and other industries
- Contribution to and involvement in blockchain-specific research and industry associations (TUM Blockchain Research Cluster, Digital Credentials Consortium, Bloxberg, Blockchain Bayern e.V. and others)
- Broad spectrum of possible research topics and technologies in blockchain and distributed ledger technology
- Full-time position (100 % TVL-E 13)
- An excellent working environment in a young, dynamic team at one of the leading European universities
- Opportunity to participate in renowned international research conferences
- Contribution to open-source projects and collaboration with start-ups and spin-offs
- State-of-the-art hardware and extensive server infrastructure for research
- Excellent training and career development opportunities (courses, personal coaching, ...)
- Master's degree in computer science, business informatics or related fields
- Good theoretical knowledge and some practical experience with
- Blockchain technologies
- Software engineering
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced English skills, both written and spoken
- German speaking and writing skills are preferred, but not mandatory
Please send your motivation letter, CV, and Transcript of Records to Prof. Dr. Florian Matthes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to receiving your application!
Severely disabled persons are given preference in the case of essentially equal suitability and qualifications.
The TUM aims to increase the proportion of women; applications from women are therefore expressly welcomed.
When applying for a position at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you submit personal data. Please refer to our data protection information in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the collection and processing of personal data as part of your application (https://portal.mytum.de/kompass/datenschutz/Bewerbung/). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the TUM data protection information.