The chair of Software Engineering for Business Information Systems (sebis) at the Technical University of Munich is looking for excellent candidates for a paid PhD position in the project "AI-Supported Legal Review of Terms and Conditions to Strengthen Consumer Protection". The project is funded by the Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection (BMJV).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Artifical Intelligence, Data Science or a similar field
- Good theoretical knowledge and practical experience with
- Natural Language Processing (rule-based and/or machine learning)
- Software Engineering
- Motivation to build innovative solutions involving industrial partners
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead software development in distributed multicultural teams
- Advanced German speaking and writing skills
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
- Practice-oriented research project with renowned partners from the administration and consumer protection
- Wide scope of possible NLP, NLU and NLG research topics and technologies, including but not limited to
- Information Extraction, Named Entity Recognition, Summarization, Dependency Parsing
- Word Embeddings, Rule Engines, Dependency Trees
- Full-time position (100 % TVL-E 13) (fixed-term contract, usually for four years)
- Great working environment in a young, dynamic team at one of the leading European universities
- Opportunity to travel to prestigious international research conferences
- Contribution to open-source projects
- Up-to-date hardware and an extensive server infrastructure for research
- Excellent training and career support opportunities (courses, personal coaching, ...)
- Research & development in the project and possibly other projects in the area of NLP
- Contribution to teaching on Bachelor and Master levels
- Supervision of Bachelor's and Master's theses
Please, send your motivation letter, CV and transcript of records to Prof. Dr. Florian Matthes (email@example.com).
We are looking forward to your application!