The chair of Software Engineering for Business Information Systems (sebis) at the Technical University of Munich is looking for excellent candidates for a PhD position in the area of next-generation industrial software and data architectures.
Collaborative, federated (meta-)model managemen, including
- A software platform to support data owner and consumers to collaboratively model data semantcs
- Mechanisms to analyze and validate data models implemented in existing (productive) systems
- A decentralized (meta-)model repository describing the available data sources and data flows
- User-centered tools/services to discover relevant data sources and data flows
The research is carried out in the context of real industrial systems within several pilot projects.
The full-time PhD position is funded by Siemens AG. You work both at the sebis chair and at Siemens in Munich.
Hire date is from 01.04.20 or by arrangement.
- Enthusiastic about developing and investigating in innovative research ideas
- Working together in a team and are motivated to shape the future of the industry
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar field
- Good knowledge and practical experience with Software Engineering
- Knowledge in graph/ontology related technologies, polystore systems, event-driven systems, and microservice architectures
- Independent and structured execution related to the research questions
- Strong communication skills for distributed multicultural teams
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
- Ideally fluent in German
Please, send your motivation letter, CV and transcript of records to Prof. Dr. Florian Matthes (email@example.com).
We are looking forward to your application!