The Chair of Software Engineering for Business Information Systems is looking for motivated students to join the team as a student assistant within the research project Research Institution Knowledge Graph (RIKG), at the earliest possible time.
- Research in the areas of natural language processing (NLP), artificial intelligence and knowledge engineering. In particular, focus on the intersection of Knowledge Graphs and NLP.
- Data preprocessing, training state-of-the-art NLP models, constructing Knowledge Graphs, and evaluation of research results.
- Involvement in the implementation of modern, web-based, information systems to enhance knowledge exploration in research institutions.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Practical experience in a running research and software development project
- Software development based on modern design methods
- Novel insights into current research about NLP and knowledge graphs
- Personal contact with research and industry in terms of well-known industry and research partners
- Possibility to conduct a bachelor's or master's thesis as well as guided research
- Diverse and exciting tasks
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to contribute to publications
- Remote work possible
- Reliable, highly motivated, and independent way of working
- Very good analytical skills
- Depending on the activities (can be discussed in a first meeting):
- First academic research and writing experience
- Good skills in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing using Python
- Optional: basic knowledge about Neo4j and Knowledge Graphs
- Optional: knowledge in configuring and maintaining web applications
If you are interested, please contact Tim Schopf (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your application, including current CV and transcript of records.