The chair for Software Engineering betrieblicher Informationssysteme is searching for the earliest possible date a student research assistant for the active assistance in the research area Big Data analytics.
- Contribution to the LLCM research project
- Contribution to the design and implementation of a modern data monitoring and analytics platform
- Contribution to the design and development of a big data architecture
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Practical experience in a huge research and software development project
- Software development based on state-of-the-art design methods
- Insights in data analytics and big data technologies
- Diverse and challenging tasks
- Cooperation within a motivated team and with industrial partners (BMW, Siemens, Nokia Here)
- Reliable, motivated, and autonomous student with very good server infrastructure skills
- Knowledge in configuring and maintaining Apache Hadoop with its ecosystem, including YARN, Spark, HDFS etc.
- Bash commanding and bash scripting
- Knowledge in Linux, especially in Ubuntu (Remote + VM)
- Knowledge in Python, R, Jupyter, and Elastic Stack is helpful
- Knowledge in machine learning algorithms and data science is helpful
If you are interested please contact Ömer Uludağ with your application, including motivational letter, current CV and transcript of records.